Thursday, January 10, 2008

Why o Why??

Why is it when I get on a roll and I am in a rhythm do things just go KaPLooeY!?!?

The kids were doing their chores and school with joyful hearts. I was getting my devotions, exerices and my chores done. Then all the the sudden the house looked like a bomb had gone off - and company was coming for lunch!

I was soooooo frustrated, so full of frustration! So, I walked the dog...and tried to chill out. Of course, I prayed to get things in focus. Weighing on my mind, besides company coming - lost camera!, lost cell phone!, NOT enough time!

I know my house will never look like a Better Homes and Gardens house. If my children are going to grow their imaginations, there will be projects-in-process around the house (hopefully - not too many). And while I have a three year old, there will be toys on the floor. Thank you Lord for him.

I guess I thought this "new outlook and habit" would make my house picture perfect ALL the time. Wrong! It has given us all better habits, it has given the girls new skills (they cleaned the toilets today- my 7yo response - that was cool, I"ll do it again for you). And slowly but surely we'll be masters over the clutter.

The Lord is so good. There is a balance I need to find that I worship the Lord more than my house. That I think about serving the Lord more than feeding my face and that I look for the good in those around me not focus on the annoying. Lord, make me balanced!

Posted by Tampa Sis
(update: found cell phone, still no time and NO CAMERA!! UGH!)

1 comment:

Blooming Where We're Planted said...

You're doing fabulous Kim! Don't give up! Praying for you.