Sunday, January 6, 2008

Peace in My House

Focusing on the three areas that I feel God wants me to work on, I can already feel a difference in my home. I don't know what the secret ingredient was or is but I'm telling you my home is different than it was 2 weeks ago even 2 months ago.

I've decided we are going to be better keepers of our home and the kids are on board...even the 3 year old. With the Lord's help, I'm restless until things are in their place. And my friends will attest, that is not the usual. Tonight when we started our bedtime routine, everything and everyone fell right into place. I read to my 3yo while the 7 and 9 yo did their night time routine. After he was in bed, I read to my girls for 45 minutes (Judy Moody books). They all love the time they have with me.

After the last kisses and the blessing, I sit down and do my Bible Study. Tonight, my hubby is home, he sat down to do his own study too. It's amazing what 6 days of making an effort to run my home smoothly has accomplished... God is amazing!

In Psalm 122, a psalm of ascent, the psalmist says, "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem" and "may there be peace within your walls." That is my hearts desire: that my home would be filled with peace of the Lord - not chaos. Thank you, Lord that on you are molding me into a better manager of my home.

Posted by the Tampa Sister

No comments: