Tuesday, January 15, 2008

More Wisdom from God via Beth Moore

"in our last lesson, I received a fresh instruction from God about becoming more deliberate in setting my gaze. If I have low expectations, skewed feelings, and impaired spiritual hearing, my eyes are either looking in at myself or out at people and circumstances. God wants our eyes fixed upward like somone down on her knees at His feet."

That really spoke to my heart...and to my outlook. So often I get in a funk when I look at the circumstances around me. I, at times, am just like my kids. If things don't go the way I planned or thought they should, I pout (or more adult-like fall into a funk). And that saying ... 'when mama aint happy, aint nobody happy' is so true. When I fall into a funk...sure thing, the girls and even Sam get grumpy too!

So, I need to keep my 'eyes fixed upward' like I am on my knees looking at Him!
Join me...keeping your eyes on Him!

No comments: