Saturday, January 26, 2008

How can life turn around just like that?


All of a sudden I was overwhelmed and totally disgusted with myself, as a mom, as a Christian, and a wife. Seriously, I was on top of the world (which means I had ALL the plates spinning simultaneously) and felt like my life was doable!
Then there was the CRASH heard around the world. All the plates stopped spinning and crashed to the ground. As I looked around, I didn't have the energy to get a broom to clean it up so...I just sat down on the floor amidst the mess.

Today, I found a broom and have cleaned up the mess...but I dont feel like the plates are spinning yet. I feel like everything is in slow motion and I am just BLAH! Looking back over the week, I tried to figure out how I got here. And I have figured it out..I think...#1 - lack of sleep - going to bed WAY to late! #2 - not enough Bible Study . So I will live and learn and change that this week.

Tho, I was stubborn and did not turn to the Lord when I was struggling. He sure reached out to me. The perfect song came on the radio and my super supportive husband told me what I needed to hear.

Admist my slow motion - I did do 'school' today with my kiddos. We are working on projects for the Imagination Fair. The best part of the day was talking to my 3yo about how things sink or float in water. Boy did we have fun.
Here's a picture!

No comments: