Sunday, March 30, 2008

Love is in the AIR

This weekend we attended one of the most ROMANTIC weddings ever! It was soo much fun and so romantic. The best part, in my opinion, was when the groom, Matt Hires sang the song he wrote to propose to Rachel. It was soooo sweet!

There's another reason why I loved the wedding - I love hearing the vows and remembering what I said to my sweet husband almost 15 years ago. I did vow to love him for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health. You know marriage would be so much easier if it was just a vow to love him for richer and in good health, the happy times, etc. But that wasn't I vowed, I promised. So, I left the wedding with a renewed desire to love and cherish Steve through all the good and even the bad. I love you, Steven.


Kirsten, Me, Steve and Katy at the wedding reception... the girls were guest book attendants.

Mathew update: I am off to visit Mathew tomorrow. Katy is going with me. Karen (Mathew's mom) wants me to bring all the kids. I can't go 'dote' on Mathew if I'm keeping them out of trouble so I thought I'd take one. Through talking and praying for Mathew, I think she is prepared, pray for us as we do this together. Also, my sweet church has completely stepped up through tons of prayer, offering to watch the kids AND having a hot meal for my family when I come home completely exhausted. I am richly blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE are richly blessed through you my friend. I am praying for you today as you minister to Mathew.
big hug ~
Suzanne

Donutcop said...

I totally love you! Those words are as sweet as you are, and I look forward to another 15 years..

Remember, if it was easy, everyone would do it...

S