Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Just Like Riding a Bike



Kirsten, my sweet girlie, 7 year old has finally conquered riding a bike. Thank you cousin Brennan for his 'hand-me-down" bike! She really struggled mastering balancing, turning, stopping, starting. None of it was easy.

This past week, I celebrated 1 year of doing weight watchers. I have really struggled mastering 'counting points', stopping when full, starting healthy meals as opposed to 'fast food'.

Just like Kirsten never gave up, she kept getting back on sometimes in tears, sometimes in apprehension of almost getting it. I am not going to give up. I am going to keep trying, stay focused and strive for healthy eating.

I know that whatever I do without the Lord is in vain. So, I will recommit to my healthy eating not by my own strength, but with the Lord's strength and His will power within me. He can do this through me...I can't do it alone. With His strength I will get back on the 'bike' and keep trying. Kirsten is a great encouragement!

To my friends who support me - thanks. Don't give up on me - kay?

And for your struggles... I will pray for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We can pray for each other. I have had an on again/off again relationship for years. But like you - I do not want to give up.
:-) Suzanne

Blooming Where We're Planted said...

I will NEVER give up on you, Moses!
Aaron