Thursday, March 6, 2008

2 Men and 2 GPS's and 3 cars

Here we are ready to drive the uhaul truck to drop it off. We have 2 cars and 1 uhaul truck. 4 adults and 3 children. One kid per car, one GPS in truck and one GPS in RAV - the Avalon has to follow. This is going to be the easiest 'drop the truck' trip in our lives. How could anthing go wrong?

Problem #1 -
The Avalon with no GPS is in the lead. Problem. How can she know where to turn when she doesn't know where we are going? She had an idea of where the Uhaul store was, but she wasn't sure...

Problem #2 -
As mentioned yesterday, the driver of the truck wouldn't follow the recommendations of the GPS. So we are going where the driver thinks we should go, not necessarily in the fastest most efficient way.

Problem #3-
The destination in the truck GPS is NOT the same destination that is in the GPS in the RAV. After traveling for a bit, I called Steve in the RAV to check in. As we chatted, I discovered that he was heading to a different store. He plugged in the Combee store while I plugged in the US19 store. Fortunately, he wasn't far off our course so he adjusted his and showed up minutes after we arrived.

The entire day resonated with lessons from God for me.
Lesson #1
How often do I 'fall into line' behind someone in their beliefs who has no idea where they are going? Instead of following the Leader, God, I follow someone who looks like they know what they are doing.
Lesson #2
How often do I 'know' the answer for me is in the Bible, but yet decide to take my own path and ignore the instructions written just for me.
Lesson #3
How often do I minister with someone side by side and never talk with them about our 'final destination'. Not heaven, but the end result of a project. I, like Steve and I did with our different GPS's, assume everyone is heading where I am and we all have the same 'goal' in mind. Now, thier goal and my goal I am sure are similar and Godly, but if you don't communicate with each other how will I know thier "destination" and they know mine.

Once again, how cool would it be if our Bible's would talk out loud like GPS's do... I think mine would say the same thing every day...

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart..."
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart..."
"Love the Lord your God with all yoru heart..."
"Ask forgiveness AND love the Lord your God with all your heart..."

I pray today that I will follow the one true leader, I will use the Bible God had given me and I pray that I will share my vision for our kids ministry with others. And for you... I pray the same. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Blooming Where We're Planted said...

It is so cool to see how God has been talking to you Kim!!! I love it!