Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Jim Lancaster's Cardboard Testimony

Jim Lancaster sat in the service on Sunday - absolutely loving the cardboard testimonies. When he drove away from church, his life changed forever.
He was in a car accident that resulted in him being paralyzed (temporarily In JESUS NAME). When I visited him last night, he mentioned how much he loved the Cardboard Testimonies. I asked him what his testimony would be... he told Victor the answer last night.

Sunday morning while in the shower before church I prayed the Lord would light a fire under the congregation.....
I just didn't know he was going to use me for the wick!"

Let the fire blaze in our hearts and minds!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may not understand why this happened to Jim and Jennifer, but I do believe with all my heart that it is part of God's plan and that He is in control. There is peace in that.

I agree - let the fire blaze!
Suzanne

SLS said...

Ouch,... that's something I was thinking once it happened... I remembered things like "pray without ceasing," and "everything happens for the good of those who love God," okay, okay, I stink at quoting but I'm sure you know what I mean... and it hurt but at the same time I was thankful this maybe what it takes to bring us back to the feet of our Lord. Personally I was ashamed that it took something so drastic and painful to get me speaking to my Lord every couple of minutes instead of once maybe in the morning, or once maybe before I went to bed, with a tiny bit of a chapter from the Bible to read... What a fire was lit...