Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Super Hero? Me? You? Yes!

As I was studying Ephesians 1:15-19, I found a scripture that really WOWED me!
Specifically verses 18 and 19,

18I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, 19and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength,

I discovered today about the 'incomparably great power' for us who believe. We are given GREAT POWER. We are Super Heroes! I was so touched by this scripture because sometimes I feel powerless, unable to control myself, my attitude, my tongue, etc. Sometimes, I honestly feel like I play the role of the villain! But right here in the scriptures it tells me not only do I have power, but I have incomparably great power for US who believe and you have that power too.

As I try to finish this blog with a perfect closing sentence, Sammy is seeking my attention. He wants to cuddle while watching TV. So, I will use my Super Hero powers to love him and kiss him...

2 comments:

Blooming Where We're Planted said...

Little do you know that in my book, you've always been a superhero!!

Teresa said...

And she has a lot of books!! :) I think you're a super hero too! :)