Friday, April 25, 2008

Its Coming At Me from Everywhere!

Self Discipline...

It's a Fruit:
Galatians 5: 22-23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."

It's a like city with no protection:
Proverbs 25:28 "Like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who lacks self-control."

The call to be self-disciplined and have self-control is coming at me from everywhere...or my lack of self-discipline. The latest place is from a great book that I highly recommend..'When Women say Yes to God.' I am HORRIBLE at self control and discipline. Here's how the cycle goes...i stay up late, eat a unhealthy snack, am too tired to exercise in the morning, am mad at myself, so I stay up late, have an unhealthy snack, am too tired to exercise, etc.

So, I am going to say the following scriptures until I get it through my EXTRA thick skull that going to bed earlier helps my entire cycle of my day AND helps me love my family in a Godly way.

Titus 1:8:
'One who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined.'

1 Thesalonians 5:8
'But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.'

So, again I will try again to make healthy decisions. Yes, I am talking about food, but I am also talking about going to bed on time, getting up to exercise, making time for daily Bible Study, etc. Will I ever get it right? Will I ever have to stop fighting my flesh?

Mark 14:38 'Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."

Monday is the day it all begins... April 28th will be a day that the Lord will give me the Holy Spirit... to give me self-control!

No comments: