Monday, April 28, 2008

Changes?!?

I am not sure if it is the actual changes that throw me for a loop or the trying to make a change. Let me explain. We have been in the process of building a house in Lakeland. My kids had no idea what that meant until recently. They saw the building process in stages. Our house started out as just a flat piece of land, dirt was added, concrete and bricks. We added a memento to thefoundation. Soon they were shouting "we have studs" when they over heard a conversation, only to turn around ask "what is a stud?" Over Spring Break we traveled to visit my sis and her family and on the way stopped at our "house." My kids could not control themselves. They could not believe that a house now stood where barren land once was. They were amazed as I was.
The building of our own personal houses should travel the same path. We start out barren and little by little we add to our foundations, through trials, triumphs and sorrow. We know the Builder is with us at all stages, but why are we so resistant to change?
My sister and I have vowed to take better care of ourselves, and with a lot of leaning on each other and the Lord, we will become healthy women. But its those changes again that stand in our way. We as christians, must first change our hearts to FULLY rely on the Lord. We all know that, but do we trust it?
2Peter 1:5-8 says, "For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; adn to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perserverance; and to perserverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Change happens, whether we like it or not. We have two choices: embrace it with love or to allow us to be ineffective and unproductive in all aspects of our life.

I choose Love....

Lakeland 2Ber

1 comment:

Kim said...

Yeah! I Love Your Blog!