Tuesday, November 4, 2008

VOTE - Home School Style

 

 

 


The air here in the Cragg household is ELECTRIC! The atmosphere walking up to the polls was invigorating! The excitement this election has stirred up is amazing! I am so glad I have the priviledge to vote for the next President of the United States.

The girls and I walked up to the church to vote. (Katie L. came over after she voted to watch Sammy - Thanks Katie) We waited in a short line - the entire time I was bulleted with questions from the girls. Some great questions...some just goofy. But I answered them all! The girls stood by my side as I bubbled in my choices. I cant believe that Katy will be voting for a president in just 8 years! During our walk we talked about why I was voting for McCain. It was an awesome responsibility to tell them how I made my choice - to explain my convictions!

Then came the craziness - after I voted, I was running Katie home and we were inspired by the enthusiasm of sign holders. The intersection near our home had a ton of supporters holding signs. So as we drove by, we honked and yelled. What Fun! We decided to grab the kids and drive around encouraging McCain supporters. We grabbed our yard sign and buckled up. We honked, yelled McCain/Palin chants, sang the "National Anthem" and "My Country Tis of Thee" and prayed and then honked and chanted some more.

We prayed for our nation and we talked about who was really in charge of the elections. "Some trust in chariots, some in horses,[some trust in the presidential elections] but we trust in the name of the Lord our God." Psalm 20:7

Now that's what I call true HOME SCHOOLING!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome post Kim! Looks like you guys had a great time. :-)