Saturday, August 16, 2008

New School Year, New Schools




Inside of my Third Grade Classroom


On Monday, the kids and I are starting our next adventure. We are going back to school. The kids will be starting school in a new school and I will begin work at my new school. The kids are soooo excited, but also sad. We have spent a good 3-4 days a week with our cousins and that will now be limited to weekend time. Not to mention all of the great new friends we have made at Terrace Palms Community Church. They so wish I could home school as I wish I could. If the right opportunity came along,we could make ends meet, and it is God's plan, I would love to step away from my mission field as a school teacher to begin homeschooling.

With that said, I will be at my new school, working with third graders. I am excited and a bit nervous. Please keep the students in my classroom in your prayers. Many of them are coming to school, where they are safe for the first time, receiving hot meals more than once a day, and we as teachers can show them God's love. We may be the only light they see in their worlds. Did I mention that my principal opened our first faculty meeting with a prayer, thanking, praising and asking for Jesus' guidance throughout the year. Prayer in school from where I was working was totally out of the question. My theme for my classroom is FROGs. You can's see them real well, but my calendar is made up of frogs, I made some magnets of some plastic frogs my adopted sister gave me, and my job board is one HUGE frog. Frogs are on my desk, will make up the Birthday board...EVERYWHERE!!! Its my secret message to my babies....Fully rely on GOD! Quite similar to the message I received earlier this week from a secret someone.

Thank you for all of the prayers you have said for us.

A secret someone shared this verse with me the other day in a card. I had just studied the same verse the previous day. Paul was writing to the church in Ephesus. In Chapter 3 Verses 20-21, he is praying for spiritual strength. This is my daily prayer.

Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever, and ever. AMEN.


Thank you for keeping my own children and my 17 new babies in your prayers, especially this coming week.

Lakeland sister

2 comments:

Kim said...

praying like Crazy for you and the kids on Monday! Know all of you will be walking in with Jesus by your side!

Blooming Where We're Planted said...

I LOVE your room!!! It looks so homey and welcoming. Those kids are sure blessed to have you...and the frogs are too cool!